Sunday, December 12, 2010

Foster's Christmas Tree


I put the Christmas tree up this week. This tree is the same artificial tree we had on Highland Road in Cortland in the 60's. Mom and dad bought a new tree sometime in the late 70s and me, being the sentimental slob that I am, asked if I could have the old tree. So that is still what we set up every year and is our traditional tree. Mandrel and Keri made sure I decorated it right. It has bubble lights like we had in the 60s, and it has mostly ornaments we had back then, plus some newer ones that Becky and I have collected over the years. Plus, it has the same icicles that put on the tree back in the 60s, in the same A&P freezer bag!

Also, to the left of the tree is the manger scene - the same one we had under the tree growing up. And the Christmas socks - mine is the one that I've since I was a kid (not sure who made it) and Becky's was made by mom and Aunt Florence after we got married.

Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

At December 12, 2010 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Larry said...

Great stuff from one sentimental slob to another!

 
At December 15, 2010 at 8:40 AM , Blogger John said...

Thanks, Henry!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home